APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 PAGEANT WILL OPEN ON MARCH 1, 2017
2017 PAGEANT ELIGIBILITY RULES
The pageant is open to female entrants, ages 19-30 as of June 23, 2017. (Contestant must provide either a copy of her birth certificate or driver’s license as proof of age.)
Contestant’s hair must be worn in its naturally afro-ethnic textured state and must be free of perms, texturizers, silkeners, weaves, or protective styles. (Color-treated hair is acceptable.)
- Contestant must reside in Charleston, South Carolina, and intend to maintain residence in the city for at least one full year.
- Contestant understands that of all applications submitted for consideration, no more than 12 finalists will be invited to compete at the Miss Naturally Crowned Charleston pageant. Submission of the $50 application fee does not guarantee advancement to the pageant competition.
- If contestant becomes convicted of a crime anytime during her reign, she will be required to relinquish her title and return all gifts and cash prizes. Contestant must not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances.
- Contestant shall possess poise, personality, intelligence, charm, and the ability to speak in public. The Pageant Coordinator and Miss Naturally Crowned Charleston committee reserve the right to approve all contestants and to determine without question, their eligibility to participate in the Miss Naturally Crowned Charleston pageant.
- Judges decisions are final and no score sheets will be given. Any unsportsmanlike conduct or behavior exhibited by a contestant will result in immediate disqualification. Any members of the contestant's family or friends who do not adhere to this rule will cause the disqualification of the contestant from the pageant indefinitely.
A panel of judges will be selected by the Miss Naturally Crowned Charleston Pageant Committee and provided with detailed, pageant written rules and regulations. In their scoring for the following categories, judges will also consider originality, personality, enthusiasm, connection to the audience, and stage presentation:
Careerwear + On-Stage Q&A (30%)
Formal Wear (25%)
Each winner shall receive a check in the designated amount made out to her school or start-up business. More prizes and perks may be announced at any time prior to the event --all contestants receive a variety of natural hair products, apparel, jewelry, cosmetics!
$1,000 Scholarship OR Start-up Business Funding
- Crown, Sash, & Trophy
1ST RUNNER UP
2ND RUNNER UP